Tomboy Web Design
Player Profile: Andy Blake
Position: Web Designer
Birthplace: Washington, DC
Home Field: Seattle, WA
Affiliation: Free Agent
Switchhitter: Designer & Editor
ANDY BLAKE is the Tomboy of Tomboy Web Design. She grew up on the East Coast playing football in the street and baseball in the Har Tzeon parking lot.
Andy specializes in building custom WordPress websites and blogs for small businesses and individuals. She works with clients to develop sites from the ground up as well as to do makeovers of existing sites.
Tomboy thinks it’s amazing what you can do with an iPhone camera and a little Photoshop magic.
As a Tomboy, Andy likes to get her hands dirty in different web development fields — design, writing, coding, and image creation.
With a B.A. in English and post-graduate graphic design training, Andy began her career in publications as an editor for a D.C. trade association. After landing in Seattle, Andy was a print designer for JTNews, Vernon Publications, Zygon International, and Peak Performance. Before making the switch to web design, Andy served as Associate Art Director for The Costco Connection, Costco’s monthly magazine for members.
Andy lived abroad for more than ten years — 3+ years in South Africa, where she was a graphic designer and editor for Better Business Centres, and 7+ years in France — but she keeps coming back to Seattle, the home field.
- Website design
- WordPress sites and blogs
- HTML, CSS (handcoding)
- Email marketing
- Logos and branding
- Photoshop (image creation, optimization for web, retouching)
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Judy Kaplan, artist and film producer (judymerylkaplan.com)
- Winnie Sperry (mothersperrysplumpudding.com)
- Steve Katz, attorney (stevekatzlawoffice.com)
- Simon G. John, author of the novel QUEEN OF CLUBS (simongjohn.com)
- John Myer, attorney (myercorplaw.com)
- Lynn John, artist and illustrator (lynnblakejohn.com)
- Bo Weintraub, attorney (weintraub-law.com)
- Mimi Rose, a children’s clothing store, currently on hiatus (Mimi Rose Kids)
- Sea Quest Fashions, a swimsuit and clothing store in Ocean City, Md. (seaquestfashions.com)
- Kevin Tomlinson, filmmaker and videographer
- Jovanna Joan Casey, MSW, founder of The Boundaries Method
- Posy Gering, President, NextU
- Denny Stern, artist and musician